SmileyWorld LTD is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. It is very important to us that you should be able to use and enjoy our websites without having to worry about your privacy.
This policy is designed to help understand how your personal information will be treated.
This policy may change from time to time, so please check back regularly.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information is true or not. Customers
We collect information that is directly related to the products and services you choose. The kind of personal information we collect can include: basic contact details (name, postal address, telephone number, or e-mail), demographic details such as age and/or gender, and products you are interested in.
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service you requested or to carry out our internal administrative operations. We may collect personal information from you when you:
- fill in an application form;
- e-mail us;
- submit your personal details through the Website;
- ask us to contact you after visiting the Website; or
- agree to complete an on-line survey.
We may also collect solicited personal information indirectly, through some publicly available sources, or through social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google and others, who disclose to their users that the users’ personal information is provided to businesses like SmileyWorld LTD. We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonable way. Using Personal Information
We will collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing or offering goods and services to you, for any purposes that you may reasonably expect, for any other purpose authorized by law, or for any other purposes with your consent (whether express or implied). This may include disclosures to organizations that provide us with technical and support services, and professional advice.
We use personal information in the following ways to:
- provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- provide, deliver, source, administer, and improve our products and services;
- provide marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- communicate with you such as responding to queries and complaints;
- send you marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in; or
- seek your feedback for market research purposes. Participation in feedback such as online surveys is completely voluntary and anonymous. It will not be used to gather identifying information about any individual
You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications.
Your personal information may also be used and disclosed to protect our rights or property and that of our users and, where appropriate, to comply with legal processes, which may include disclosures to law enforcement, regulatory or government agencies.
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by SmileyWorld LTD will include a means by which you may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information.
Further, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to Customer Service – see Contact Us.
Entrants in Competitions, Contests and Sweepstakes
We may offer competitions, sweepstakes and contests through the Website that may require registration. By participating in a competition, contest or sweepstake, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern that particular promotion. If you choose to enter a competition, sweepstake or contest, we may disclose personal information to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such competition, contest or sweepstake, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
Accessing and checking the personal information we hold about you
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. This right is subject to certain exceptions (see below) allowed by law. The file containing your personal information will be kept on our servers and those of our service providers
Your right to access your personal information is not absolute. In some circumstances, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information. Such circumstances may include where:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous;
- the information relates to a commercially-sensitive decision-making process;
- access would be unlawful;
- access may prejudice enforcement activities, a security function or commercial negotiations.
SmileyWorld LTD is committed to keeping your trust by protecting and securing your personal information. We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal information provided to us from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law.
Information collected automatically
We may collect information automatically such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our Website.
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name (for example – .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the address of any referring website (for example – the previous website you visited); and
- your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique
to the machine through which you are connected to the internet). This information is used by SmileyWorld LTD for aggregated statistical analyses or systems administration purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognized. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet user ability and services. You may disable cookies using your browser’s preferences, but some features of the Website may not function if you do so.